Thank You!!

Thank you.   The phrase is simple and appropriate, yet decidedly does not fully express my gratitude to the Athletes and Support Staff of Team Canada and for the opportunity to be team physician.  I will elaborate further.

Thank you to...

The Venue:
The city of Stirling, Scotland and the venue at The Peak have been great!  A first class facility situated in a charming city with plenty of fun places to explore, eat and have an enjoyable time on my first trip to Scotland.


The Volunteers:
Fantastic!!! Good job to everyone who was helping host and run this year's World Championships.  No matter the time of day or the request I was always met with a friendly smile and a genuine desire to assist me in any way they could.  Be proud Stirling and Scotland -- your Athletes and your Volunteers represented you very well.



The Team Canada Coaching Staff:
Thanks to Wayne and Kyle.  You made me feel part of the team by including me in team meetings and sharing a "beverage" post games.   It was great spending time and getting to know you.


The Team Canada Medical Team (ie. Sari):
Sari, Sari, Sari.  What can I say.  You were the 'workhorse' on this medical team.  While, as you know, I have always held you in high esteem for the fantastic care you have provided to my patients back home, spending this time with you has only further solidified this admiration (both professionally and personally).  It was great sharing food and drink with you and Alon.  I'm sure this experience will foster a richer relationship when we return to London, Ontario.  


The "Canadian" Medical Room:
I'll miss you very much (ha!).  While technically not assigned to Team Canada, Sari and I used this as our Medical Team Headquarters during the games.


The Team Canada Athletes:
I want to tell you that from my perspective you did a great job representing Canada.  You were chosen from all the great curlers back home and were able to display your skill on the top stage/platform against the best in the world.  While the result wasn't what you wanted, you were able to still display all the qualities that make me (and the rest of the Country) proud.  Passion, Skill, Humour, Humility, and Pose in the face of adversity were seen in spades.

Most of all though, I'd like to thank you for what you displayed to me off the ice.  The way that each of you made me and my family feel welcome and appreciated is the main thing I will take away and cherish forever.  Each of you did your part - from Ina sharing a "mom to mom" conversation with my wife at the Mall, to Collinda sharing her happy meal toy, we felt nothing but love this whole trip.  Jon and Mark - you should know Johnathon's favourite memory of the trip is having dinner with "The Boys" at Nando's.  Marie - your smiling face was infectious and Makayla and Johnathon really would be happy to adopt you as their "Saskatchewan Grandmother!"  You really are "HEROS" to me and my family -- Thank You !!










THANK YOU!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Athlete Profile - Collinda Joseph

Day 9 - Five in a Row!