Day 3 - More to Explore

Today was a day of appreciation -- of all the Wonder that Scotland has to offer and for reuniting with family.


First off, the team wanted to explore an area that they hadn't seen yet, so Kyle helped the team schedule a train ride into Glasgow (30-45min away).  From what I heard the city was BUSY!  Tons of people all around.  And beautiful -- impressive architecture around every corner.

They stopped off for a nice lunch and took their time getting to know Scotland's largest city.


For me, it was a special day as my family was arriving from Canada.  They had an overnight flight from Toronto to London, UK, then a short flight to Edinburgh.  I decided in the morning to take the train and tram into Edinburgh Airport (about an hour) to meet them at the arrival gate.  Hugs and kisses awaited for all (and a look of relief on my wife's face) -- they were surprised! 


Once back in Stirling, my family and I went for a walk to the competition venue, The Peak.  First impressions - very impressive!  Nice facility and looks like they have preparation for the World Championships well in hand.  The one downside --- the pool is closed 😕.  So no swimming for the kids.



My daughter will be starting her Kids Blog now so look for that.  The team hits the ice for practice tomorrow then competition starts on March 3rd with Canada's first game against Latvia at 2pm (GMT).  Stay Tuned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You!!

Athlete Profile - Collinda Joseph

Day 9 - Five in a Row!